Food Processing and Dairy
The challenge with the food processing industry is to successfully treat a waste stream that varies through the day as the plant goes through different production and cleaning cycles. Northland Chemical has developed a variety of approaches to working with food processing plants to overcome the difficulties inherent in treating their wastewater streams.
The contaminants that we routinely encounter are suspended solids, fats/oils/ grease (FOG), BOD and nutrients such as nitrates and phosphates.
Our reference base includes clients from the following industries:
- Convenience and food processing
- Potato and potato chips processing
- Dairy processing
- Edible oil processing
- Fish, poultry, meat, protein processing
- Breweries, distilleries and wineries
- Soft drink and beverage producers
- Commercial Bakeries